Terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions, the Order Confirmation and the Invoice constitute the Contract for the purchase of Linde Werdelin Watches and/or Linde Werdelin Accessories sold on our Website (“Goods”) between Linde Werdelin Limited (“we”/”us”) and you, the customer. Please read them carefully. The Contract cannot be varied unless we agree to modify it in writing or by email.
We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice by updating the terms shown on this website. It is your responsibility to review the website terms each time you enter the website to ensure you are aware of our latest terms and conditions. Your use of this website after a change has been made signifies your acceptance of the revised terms.
1. Placing your Order
- You may place an Order on our Website by choosing the selected Goods for the indicated prices. The desired Goods will be added in your shopping bag. You can review your shopping bag at any point by clicking the basket icon button. To delete the selected Goods from your shopping bag, click on the cross icon button next to the Goods. Proceed to checkout to finalise your purchase and follow instructions.
- Once your order is confirmed you will receive an order confirmation by email. An invoice will be sent with the delivery. If, for any reason, we cannot accept your Order we will contact you by email or telephone.
- We reserve the right not to accept your Order in the event, for example, that we are unable to obtain authorisation for payment, that the selected Good is out of stock, does not satisfy our quality control standards, is withdrawn, or that you do not meet the eligibility criteria set-out below.
- The purchase of Goods through our Website is strictly limited to parties who can lawfully enter into and form contracts on our Website in accordance to English law. In order to place an Order, you will be requested to provide your personal details. You shall provide your full name, phone number, email address and other requested information. Furthermore, when ordering Goods, you shall provide payment details and you represent and warrant that the payment details are both valid and correct. You must confirm that you are the person referred to in the billing information provided.
2. Prices and Payment
- Prices of the Goods shown on our Website are displayed by default in your local currency as per your IP address with possibility to switch to a different currency by using the drop down menu located on each product page. If your delivery address is located within the EU prices will be inclusive of UK VAT, and if your delivery address is located outside of the EU prices will be exclusive of any taxes. For any Goods delivered outside the EU, any import duties or other charges will be your responsibility as we will ship DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid). The price breakdown will be displayed when your shipping details have been entered. The total price of your purchase will be indicated in the Order Confirmation and on the Invoice. Prices and surcharges are subject to change without notice but correct as displayed at the time of input.
- Payment shall be made in full, as shown on our Website, in the currency you would have selected on the product page. You shall pay for the Goods by the methods of payment as may be displayed on our Website. We accept American Express, Mastercard, Visa and Paypal
- The transactions on this website are processed using either Stripe or Paypal, all secure online payment gateways. Alternative payment methods, such as bank transfer, can be arranged on request.
- Linde Werdelin will cover the shipping costs for all our watches, except for duties and taxes incurred outside of the EU, which shall be covered by you. We use DHL as our courier of choice and use their express service when available for your delivery location. Orders are shipped within 2 to 4 days after payment has been settled and we would send you the tracking number. Orders usually take between 1 to 5 days to reach your delivery address depending on location.
- Straps and other accessories will incur a £10 postal fee. We will use Royal Mail tracked and signed service if available for your delivery country and send you a Royal Mail tracking number. Usual time frame for delivery is between 7-10 days although some can take longer. We reserve the right to allow up to 28 days for delivery before investigation. Should you wish to book a courier for straps and accessories this is available on request at an additional cost. Please contact our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your card will be charged when we issue the Order of Confirmation. Your order will be processed once your credit card issuer has authorised the use of your credit card for payment of the ordered Goods. If we do not receive such authorisation, we shall notify you. We will not supply and ship your Goods until payment has been settled in full.
3. Website Security
- To help ensure your online shopping experience is safe we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This ensures any data you send us is encrypted and protected. When SSL is enabled you will see a padlock on the top of your browser window. The URL will begin with “https” when you are in secure mode.
- To ensure your data is kept private whilst being sent to us LindeWerdelin.com is registered with DigiCert, a digital security certificate supplier.
- We shall deliver the Goods to the billing address specified by you on your Order. For security reasons we can only deliver to the billing address of the payment card.
- Any times specified by us on the Website or on the Invoice are approximate only, but we will exercise reasonable endeavours to comply with our estimated delivery times. Delivery of the Goods such as watches should take place within 2-4 days from the date when the payment is received by us for shipments to Europe and 5-10 days for elsewhere and for straps and other accessories 7-10 days, subject to stock availability and delivery schedules. To check on the status of an order, email email@example.com or call +44 (0)7 595 278 407.
- If delivery is delayed due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, we shall notify you. It is your responsibility to report non delivery or mis-delivery within 14 days of dispatch. Goods are deemed to have been accepted by you upon delivery to the agreed address confirmed by our carrier.
- We accept Pre-Orders of any Goods shown on our Website, and shall inform you of expected delivery date. Goods made available for Pre-Orders may be subject to change. We shall endeavour to notify you of any such change by email or other means, and offer you a suitable alternative.
- Ownership of, risk of damage to and risk of loss in your Goods will pass to you on delivery of the Goods.
- If for any reason you refuse to accept delivery of any Goods when they are delivered, or we are unable to deliver the Goods on time because you have not provided appropriate instructions, documents, licences or authorisations, we may store the Goods or return them to us and you shall be responsible for any associated costs.
- The quantity of any consignment of Goods recorded by us upon dispatch shall be conclusive evidence of the quantity received by you on delivery unless you can provide conclusive evidence proving the contrary.
- Certain Goods may be shipped by post and cannot be tracked once they have entered the postal system. All other shipments use carrier delivery for maximum security and tracking.
5. Return, Cancellation or Exchange of Goods
- If you are not satisfied with the Goods delivered or wish to exchange you must notify us within 10 days of receipt of delivery of the Goods, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 (0)7 595 278 407.
- Upon notification we will provide you with a returns number and any documentation required for shipping the Goods back to us. Goods must be returned to us within 7 days of receiving these documents.
- Goods must be returned in their original packaging. You will be required to ensure the Goods are packaged securely and protected in transit. Goods must be shipped with tracked and signed-for delivery with the carrier of your choice at your own cost at the following address: Linde Werdelin Ltd, 1st Floor, 26 Foubert’s Place, London W1F 7PP, United Kingdom. Please note that the Goods will remain your property until we have received and checked the return. If we don’t receive the Goods we will not be able to process your exchange or refund therefore please make sure you book the appropriate shipping service with tracking services. We do not accept liability for Goods that are not returned via the shipping methods specified by us.
- Refunds will be processed once the Goods have been received and inspected by us. Funds will only be credited to the original card used for purchase. You will be notified when the Goods have been received and of the outcome. All refunds remain at the discretion of us and refunds will only be made on Goods received in original condition. Refunds for Goods received outside the specified return times will be at our discretion.
- You must inspect the Goods on delivery for any visible marks or imperfections. If you notice any such defects, you must not wear or otherwise use the Goods and you must notify us within 4 days of delivery of the Goods of such marks or imperfections. If you do not comply with these requirements, we shall have no obligation to repair or replace or accept the return of the Goods for this reason. 6
6. Contact Linde Werdelin Limited
You can contact us by:
- Telephone on +44 (0)7 595 278 407 between 9am to 6pm UK time, Mondays to Fridays
- Email at email@example.com
- Post at Linde Werdelin Ltd, 1st Floor, 26 Foubert’s Place, London W1F 7PP, United Kingdom
7. Privacy Statement
- In accordance to UK data protection legislation, by placing an Order, you agree and understand that we may store, process and use data collected from your Order for the purposes of processing your Order. We also collect your data via our enquiry and subscription forms. Please note that we may share your data within our company and to third parties for shipping your Goods. Your data will not be made available to third parties for other reasons such as marketing.
- We will use our best endeavour to ensure that such data is kept secure at all times and to protect your personal data from third unauthorised parties. However, you acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and therefore we shall not be in any way responsible for the security or privacy of our Website and any information or personal data provided to or taken from our Website by you.
- Personal data provided via our Website may be used by us to advise of, offer and supply goods and services, and for marketing purposes directly relating to us. We do not share your personal data with third parties, except where we reasonably consider it necessary to prevent fraud and to comply with law.
- Upon request, we will remove any information or your personal data from our database. Furthermore, you always have the right to access and correct the personal data you have provided to us. Any request concerning your personal data should be either emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to Linde Werdelin Ltd, 1st Floor, 26 Foubert’s Place, London W1F 7PP, United Kingdom .
- The host server for this Website is located in the United Kingdom and differences are subject to the English courts and to the United Kingdom data protection laws.
- If any provision of this Contract is held to be illegal, invalid, void or unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining Terms and Conditions which shall continue in full force and effect.
- This Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the parties hereto agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute or remove, without notice, any information on this site as necessary.
9. Try It
- The Try It service is priced at £100 and is only available to a delivery address in the European Union.
- Provision – Upon submission of application, Linde Werdelin will ship the Product on trial (“Loan Product”) to the Borrower (subject to availability) by registered courier. The Borrower is not obligated to purchase the Loan Product provided, however at the expiration of 5 days starting on the day of receipt of the Loan Product, or a prior agreed date, they return the Loan Product to Linde Werdelin in the same condition as supplied, by registered shipping with confirmation of receipt, in the original packaging. Shipping charges apply. Shipping is free to Europe; a nominal amount of £80 or CHF120 apply to the Rest of the World outside of Europe. The costs of shipping will be waived when the Borrower make a subsequent purchase of any Linde Werdelin timepiece.
- Guarantee – As a security for the Borrower, the Borrower authorises Linde Werdelin, before shipment of the Loan Product to Borrower, to take a guarantee for the amount of 30% of the full retail value listed on our Website or any other agreed amount for each Loan Product in order to obtain a pre-authorisation on the Borrower’s credit card from the relevant bank based on the Borrower’s credit card details supplied. Such pre-authorisation shall constitute a guarantee for payment if the Loan Product is not returned as provided in clause 9.1. Linde Werdelin undertakes not to debit Borrower’s credit card in case Borrower returns the Loan Product in conformity with clause 9.1.
- Return of Product – All Linde Werdelin products have been checked and are covered by a warranty as described in the Linde Werdelin warranty terms. The Borrower takes responsibility of dealing with the Loan Product with utmost care and to return the Loan Product in the same condition as received. The Borrower is liable for the full cost of any unreturned Loan Product. Any defect in the returned Product which is evidently due to lack of care will be charged for and the Borrower is hereby obligated to pay such charge that corresponds to the refurbishing cost of the Product. Should such a charge apply, Linde Werdelin will notify the Borrower of the extra charge in writing and Borrower authorises Linde Werdelin to deduct such charge from the amount to be credited to Borrower’s account in accordance to clause 9.2. above.
- Promise to Pay – If Borrower does not return the Loan Product after the trial period, LINDE WERDELIN may, at their discretion, debit the Borrower’s credit card for the full cost of the Loan Product. The amount shall be automatically debited from the Borrower’s credit card in accordance to the credit card details provided by the Borrower, or settled by the Borrower with other payment methods.
- Law and Jurisdiction – This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance to the laws of England and the Borrower irrevocably submit to the Courts of England for any action initiated by Linde Werdelin against Borrower. However, Linde Werdelin alone reserves the right to file an action against Borrower before the competent court of the domicile of the Borrower and the Borrower will submit to such a court.
- Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service
Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service allows Sellers to entrust the entire mediation management of a Watch sale – from the moment it lists the Watch for sale until the distribution of the relevant proceeds of sale if the Watch is sold. This includes Watch storage on Linde Werdelin’s premises during the period defined (6 months). When the Seller uses Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service, he/she undertakes to exclusively sell the Watch via Linde Werdelin. This means that once Linde Werdelin accepts to list and manage the sale of the Watch submitted to Linde Werdelin by the Seller on his/her behalf, the Seller will not be permitted to offer the Watch for sale by any other means (e.g. via an auction site or another website platform). After the Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service has ended, if the Watch has not sold, this exclusivity arrangement will also end.
- Proposing Watches for Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service
- Selection of the Watches by Linde Werdelin for its Pre-Owned service
3.1 Once the Seller has submitted his/her web form for the proposed Watch, Linde Werdelin will notify the Seller whether they wish to list the Watch on the Website for Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service. The criteria that Linde Werdelin will use to make this selection includes: authenticity of the Watch, condition of the Watch, legality of ownership of the Watch, that the Watch has not been an insurance ‘write off’ or subject to substantial remedial repairs, and that the Watch has not been altered or tampered with.
3.2 After completing full assessment of the Watch, Linde Werdelin will provide a quote for the suggested list price. The price will need to be agreed upon by both Linde Werdelin and the Seller before it is listed. The Seller reserves the right to refuse the price to sell with Linde Werdelin and the watch will be returned to the Seller at the Seller’s expense. Linde Werdelin does not guarantee that the watch will be sold for the listed price.
- Dispatching Watches and Linde Werdelin’s compliance and quality control
4.1 The Seller undertakes to the responsibility and expense of dispatch of the Watch to Linde Werdelin. If upon receipt, the Watch does not accurately correspond to the information provided by the Seller in the initial form or are otherwise not compliant with the General T&Cs (for example, regarding their condition or if there are missing items or parts), Linde Werdelin may decide not to proceed with the online listing of the Watch and return the Watch to the Seller. Linde Werdelin reserves the right to invoice the Seller a Return Fee for each non-compliant Watch returned to Seller, for the administration, delivery and other costs incurred.
4.2 If the Watch needs servicing, the cost of servicing will be the Seller’s responsibility
4.3 Under no other circumstances is Linde Werdelin a reseller of the Watches and at no time will become the owner of the Watches.
- Acceptance of Seller’s watch and posting of Watches on Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service site
5.1 The dispatch of a Watch to Linde Werdelin is an offer by the Seller to Linde Werdelin to sell their Watch via the Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service. Linde Werdelin accepts that offer (and a binding contract is made between Linde Werdelin and the Seller) when Linde Werdelin confirms to the Seller that the Watch sent has been received and indicates the status of the Watch before it is listed online (i.e. whether the Watch is validated or not).
5.2 Once the compliance and quality control process has been carried out successfully and the price determined and approved by the Seller, Linde Werdelin will post the Watch information together with up-to four photos of the Watch as taken by Linde Werdelin. Linde Werdelin will store the Watches listed on the Website on its premises until sold or until the expiry of the service (6 months). Linde Werdelin aims to carry out the verification and selection of Watches and to post the Watch information on the Website for those it selects within a reasonable period of receipt of the Watches.
5.3 Linde Werdelin reserves the right to reply to all comments and queries made by Users regarding the listed Watch and to feature the Watch on its Website and/or social media channels. Linde Werdelin will not disclose and/or publish any personal information regarding Users and Sellers when responding to comments/queries made by Users.
5.4 Linde Werdelin cannot guarantee that any Watches for which it provides the Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service will be sold and accepts no liability if a Watch has not been sold by the expiry of the service (6 months).
- Determining price of Watches sold on Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service, price reduction and offers made by Buyers
6.1 Linde Werdelin uses a range of criteria to determine the price which it lists a Watch for sale with Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service. These criteria include: the age and condition of the Watch, the price at which other similar Watches are listed and/or have previously sold on the Website, anticipated market demand and expectations for the Watch at the time of verification.
6.2 If the Seller does not approve a price proposed by Linde Werdelin, Linde Werdelin will return the product to the Seller, under the conditions stated in section 4.1
6.3 Linde Werdelin will negotiate any price reductions with the Seller. Discounts on the price of a Watch will be authorised once agreed upon by the Seller.
6.4 Buyers will have the opportunity to make an offer on the Watches listed on Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service. Each Watch listed on the Website will enable a Buyer to register their interest by submitting their details in the registration form provided. The Buyer will then be contacted by a member of the Linde Werdelin sales team to confirm their details and offer. Linde Werdelin will relay any offer made below the listed sales price to the Seller. Linde Werdelin will require the Seller’s authorisation in order to process any sale transactions on their behalf.
- Sale of the Watch, payments due to the Seller and delivery of the Watch to the Buyer
7.1 In respect of sales of Watches for which Linde Werdelin has provided via Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service, Linde Werdelin will pay to the Seller the sums received from the Buyer. Linde Werdelin will be entitled to a single commission of 20% (plus VAT) and any additional charges agreed upon prior to listing the Watch. Payment will be made via BACS transfer.
7.2 LW organises shipments via DHL – Buyer pays for outbound shipment (please note this may include the import taxes and/or duties charged by their country.
- Duration of the Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service
8.1 All Products for which Linde Werdelin provides the Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service will be listed for a period of 6 months from the date that Linde Werdelin first posts them on the Website, unless the Watch is sold or the Seller requests the return of the Watch before the expiry of that period in which case the period will end of its own right.
8.2 At the end of the six (6) month period, Linde Werdelin reserves its right to return the Seller’s unsold Watch, at the Seller’s expense, to the billing address he/she has given.
8.3 Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service begins as soon as the contract is made with the Seller by listing the Watch for sale. If a Seller wishes to retrieve his/her unsold Watch before the expiry of the 6 month period, he/she must make a formal request in writing for the return of the Watch and must pay Return Fee for the Watch removed from the Website corresponding to the cost of standard services rendered on top of which shipping costs may be added for the return of the Watch to the Seller.
Linde Werdelin will offer Buyers a 12 month warranty with all Watches purchased via Linde Werdelin Pre-Owned service. The 12 month period will start on the day the watch is collected or dispatched. The warranty will be represented by a stamped and dated warranty card provided by Linde Werdelin.
- New Strap
If the Buyer requires a new strap for his new Pre-owned watch, he can choose an appropriate strap from the Linde Werdelin website and will receive a 50% discount off the price of the strap. Only one strap can be purchased with this discount per pre-owned watch purchased.
User shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Linde Werdelin and each of Linde Werdelin’s and their respective employees, contractors, directors, suppliers and representatives from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that arise from or relate to User’s use or misuse of, or access to, the Services, Website or content, violation of these General T&Cs, or infringement by User, or any third party using User’s account or identity in the Services or on the Website, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.